Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year + Thank You



It is hard to believe 2013 is coming to end. This year has been an eventful one for my family. My sister, sister-in-law, and me all welcomed babies this year.   I am so happy Sterling finally has some cousins and all these babies will grow up together close in age.  We lost my dear sweet grandfather, and Matt started his own law firm.  Lots of major moments this year.  

 I can't even put into words how thankful I am for Frances Moon.   She is our biggest blessing this year.  I am so sad my grandfather never got to meet her, but I know he and my grandmother (her namesake) are smiling down on us.  Once you have experienced a miscarriage and then when it is difficult to conceive again, you realize what a true blessing and miracle a baby is.  I cried and prayed so many days for this baby and now to have her in my arms I feel complete.  God has been good to us this year.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for reading my blog and commenting.  I also want to thank each person who stops me when I am out to tell me they read my blog and how much you enjoy it.  You truly make my day, so don't ever hesitate to stop and talk to me!!  This blog is really my happy place.  It is my creative outlet, a place for me to vent, share my passions like fashion and food, and document our family life.  This blog has opened so many doors for me and connected me with so many people and I hope it continues to do so.  I have made so many virtual and real life friends thru this blog and I hope to continue to nurture these relationships and make more.   I want 2014 to be an even better year for my blog so please leave me a comment and tell me what you want to see more or less of in 2014.  I am open for suggestions!

As much as I love the Holidays, I also love the New Year.  It is a time to reflect,  refocus,  and start fresh.  I am not big on resolutions, more life changes.  Resolutions are easy to break but life changes are not.  I found these two lists and loved them.  Hope to think about these ideas often.



Mostly in 2014, I want to focus on these two,  my two biggest accomplishments and loves.  I want to put down my phone and computer and really savor and enjoy my time with them, because time goes by in the blink of eye when you have a child.  I want to be fully present and be the best mom I can be.
 

I also want to refocus on my relationship with Matt.  With two kids our relationship has definitely been put on the back burner.  We have committed to doing a date night 1-2 times a month just us alone, no friends.  We need that time alone to reconnect and nurture our relationship.  Family is my main priority in 2014 because isnt it the most important thing?
 
I wish each and everyone of you a Happy New Year filled to the brim with happiness, blessings, and dreams fulfilled.  Thank you for all your love and support! 
A motto I hope we all live by this year:
See you in 2014!


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment