Friday, September 20, 2013

Pregnancy It Ain't for the Weary


Before I start my bitching let me say I am so thankful to be pregnant,  a day doesn't go by that I don't thank God for this sweet baby girl growing inside of me.  Pregnancy is such a blessing and my heart goes out to any of you that are still struggling to get pregnant, I know what that feels like.  It is amazing what our bodies do to accommodate the babies growing inside of us.  It is a powerful feeling to know that you have housed and grown a baby for 9 months (really 10 but who is counting but us preggos).

I don't think Matt will ever fully understand the extent of how taxing being pregnant is on my body.  Half of the time he looks at my stomach in fear and I know he is thinking is that really going to get bigger?   Pregnancy is hard as shit and I don't believe anyone that says otherwise.  You do have a short time period in the second trimester when you feel good and like yourself but that quickly fades once you reach the third trimester. 

This pregnancy has most definitely been harder on my body, as I am sure any subsequent pregnancy is.  I was very nauseous the whole first trimester.  Now, I am beyond uncomfortable.  Every time I sneeze I wet my pants.  My boobs officially touch my stomach. The backs of my legs are covered in so many varicose veins it looks like someone beat me.  Not only are they disgusting to look at they are painful if I am on my feet for too long.

Case and point; I actually just got fitted for support hose.  They are that bad.   Any tips for bad veins?  Will they go away after?  I had zero veins with Sterling so this all new to me.



I pee about 5-6 times every night.  Poor Matt may never get a full night sleep because he has to hear me get up to pee every hour.  I think the peeing is getting us used to being up all night with a newborn because I have not had a good nights sleep in ages.  I get out of breath walking up 3 stairs, heck I am out breath just getting Sterling out of the car sometimes.   I feel so much pressure in my back and groin it feels like this baby is going to pop out.   I am beyond exhausted, having a busy 3 year old makes pregnancy that much harder. I am in bed most nights by 8.  I have no social life, I am a hermit when I am pregnant.  I would rather lie in bed than go out to dinner.

Oh and the drinking.  I miss martinis and wine like crazy.  I can not wait to have a vodka drink.  I also miss my skinny jeans.  I have about 10 outfits that still fit me right and I am just rotating between them.  I refuse to buy new clothes til after I lose the baby weight!

I am starting to get major anxiety about delivering this baby which is funny because it is my second time you would think I would be more chill.  But I think I am more scared this time because I know exactly what to expect,  last time I was in the dark.   Hospitals give me anxiety.  I just pray everything goes smoothly.

 All of these pains and fears are trivial and I know they are totally worth it to birth a healthy baby but I just want to say pregnancy is hard.  I think the last month or two is the hardest because you are so uncomfortable.  I admire any and everyone of you women who have gone thru this and especially ones who have carried multiples.  I think the men in our lives will never fully understand the extent of pregnancy and how much our bodies change over 9 months.  Pregnancy ain't easy, but once you hold that sweet baby in your arms for the first time you forget everything you went through.   You just cherish that sweet child that you welcomed into the world and realize what a miracle pregnancy and childbirth is.


Ok, ranting is done.  Go enjoy your Fridays.  I will be not drinking and in bed by 8:)



No comments:

Post a Comment