Friday, January 3, 2014

10 Kick Ass Gadgets You Need in Your Kitchen

The New Year is the perfect time to revamp your cooking and cooking utensils and gadgets.  Even though I cook often, I get so inspired in the New Year to try new recipes and invest in a few new cooking tools to make my life easier.  With two babies I need to be productive in the shortest amount of time possible.
 I compiled a list of a few of my favorite cooking gadgets and new ones I am hoping to acquire.

 Last year I used a gift card my grandfather gave me for Christmas and purchased the Breville Juicer and it was the best investment ever.  I make Matt and I fresh juice most mornings,  it is a great way to start your day and I swear I have more energy the days I drink my green juice. 
 Plus it is on major sale right now online at Bloomingdales 
And if you are looking for great juice recipes, the Williams-Sonoma Blog has an awesome round-up of 30 juices to make.




I am dying to buy a Vitamix.  They are definitely expensive and an investment but I have heard nothing but amazing reviews about them.  Totally worth the money.  I really like that you can use it for hot or cold preparations.  I would use it for smoothies and soups.



Lets be honest with little sleep these days coffee is a big priority in the wee hours of the morning when I am up.  The Nespresso is the mack daddy of all coffee makers.  I love the sleek chrome look and the fact that it doesn't take up too much space.  I also love that it froths your milk.   Plus the coffee brewed from it tastes phenomenal.  Already told the rents I want this for my upcoming birthday!


I use my iPod when I am cooking all the time.  It is much easier than using my laptop in the kitchen.   If you are like me you use Pinterest often for recipes (my poor cookbooks are neglected).  This stand makes it easy to pull up Pinterest recipes and cook away!


I have wanted one of these forever.  I love the idea of creating raw salads and pastas with zucchini and squash.  You can even use it to make curly fries.  I actually just ordered myself one of these:)


How awesome does this Summer Squash Pasta look, that you could use the Spiralizer to create!


We received these electric salt and pepper mills for a wedding gift 6 years ago and still use them everyday.  They are amazing, they grate the salt and pepper so finely and quickly.   Plus they are pretty sitting out on your counter too.



Wheatgrass is filled with so many great nutrients for you, plus I love the taste of it.  I always get a shot of it when I pick up a smoothie and have wanted a way to make it at home.  I was delighted when I saw Williams-Sonoma carries a version.  It is under $100 and you can use it to press vegetables and fruits as well.


Who wouldn't want a pizza maker?  This one makes crispy brick oven pizza, which is my favorite.  It is on sale right now at Williams-Sonoma.  Everything Breville makes is awesome.

 
I would use it to make this Turkey Sausgae Broccoli Rabe Pizza.



These gold pans are hands down the best baking dishes ever.  They always cook everything evenly and I love the look of them.  I have this 6 piece set and use it all the time.  It is currently on sale for a really good deal.


 This is the best grater you will ever use.  All four sides grate different sizes and it even has a slice side if you want to thinly slice veggies.


 Any other gadgets I need in my kitchen?  Do share!




No comments:

Post a Comment